How to check your assessment
– Click “Check Your Assessment” below
– Search for parcel by address, owner name or parcel number/RE
– Click parcel to select it
– Scroll down to “Special Assessment Information“
– Click on the arrow that’s in the left most box of the Special Assessment Information table
– Click on the Installments arrow for more information
The Key Largo Wastewater Treatment District imposed a System Development Charge (SDC or assessment) on all parcels in its service area, for access to the central wastewater system.
The wastewater assessment is a one-time fee that’s imposed on a parcel. The parcel owner has two payment options.
- Pay the assessment in full. This can be done at any time.
- Pay over 20 years in installments on the annual tax bill.
If the assessment is paid in full before September 1st it will not appear on future tax bills.
The remaining balance (or payoff amount) can be found by following the instructions above. This amount does not include the installment on the current tax bill.
The assessment balance is recalculated September 1st every year. Upon request, Customer Service will provide the adjusted assessment amount before September 1st.
Two options to pay the assessment balance:
(Partial payments are accepted)
- Pay online by credit card or directly from a bank account click here
- Pay by check. Submit a check payable to KLWTD to 103355 Overseas Highway, Key Largo, FL 33037. Please include the Parcel Number or RE on the check.