How to use the online assessment tool
– Click on the “Check Your Assessment” button above
– Search for parcel by address, owner name or parcel number/RE
– Select parcel from the search results by clicking on it
– Scroll to the section at the bottom of the page titled “Special Assessment Information“
– Click on the arrow that’s in the left most box of the Special Assessment Information table
– See Payoff Amount for the outstanding assessment balance
The Key Largo Wastewater Treatment District imposed a System Development Charge (SDC or assessment) on all parcels in its service area, for access to the central wastewater system.
The wastewater assessment is a one-time fee that’s imposed on a parcel. The parcel owner has two payment options.
- Pay the assessment in full. This can be done at any time.
- Pay over 20 years in installments on the annual tax bill.
If the assessment is paid in full before August 31st it will not appear on future tax bills.
The remaining balance (or payoff amount) can be found by following the instructions above. This amount does not include the installment on the current tax bill.
The assessment balance is recalculated September 1st every year. Contact customer service if you need to know the new assessment balance before it’s calculated.
To pay the assessment balance: Submit a check payable to KLWTD. Payments are accepted for the full or partial payoff amount. Please include the Parcel Number or RE on the check. Checks can be mailed to:
103355 Overseas Highway
Key Largo, FL 33030